Prayer Blanket

Prayer Blanket
Women Who Pray

Monday, August 13, 2012

Blessed All Over More Than Anywhere Else August 13, 2012

I am so blessed today and must share...

I've been cleaning out my office that is also where my grandgirls keep their babies, furniture, books, and playing school stuff.

My son took out my computer today that no longer works, with keyboard.

I've been going through cd's, running across pictures that I had saved, as well as some newsletters that are really old...

In fact, I found my very first newsletter.  This one would have been one that I mailed out, and is dated April, 2003.

This would be before I began praying the prayer blanket with anyone else.

It is before I became a grandmother.  

I wrote this on my sister's birthday...I was 53 and she turned 52.

May it be a blessing to you...in Jesus' Name...Amen and Amen.


                                                                   April 19, 2003

Greetings!

          I write to you this day because I am on a mission.  The Lord has planted in me a message that I can no longer keep quiet within me.  I have been sent forth to share what we are to do as we await His coming!  I am so thankful – so  honored and awed – that He has chosen me to do this.
          Most of you know me because you are my tent that has been given to me to pray over daily.  You are my Mom, sister, niece, daughterin law, cousin in law, sister in the Lord, and/or friend.  You may even fit more than one position listed.  However, you are related to me, God has placed us together for a great purpose!  We are the end-time gap-standers of the Home!  We are all commissioned to stand in the gap for our homes, and some of us are standing for neighborhoods, cities, states, countries, etc. 
          The Lord has told me to share my story with you first in order that you understand this message.  I am Teddi Lynne Moore Holt.  I am the third daughter of a man named Ted, thus the name Teddi.  Elaine is my mother who raised me in the admonition of the Lord, and I do rise up and call her blessed!  My wonderful Daddy loved me like I was and was a Teddy Bear-type Dad, but he became my patriarch when he was in his fifties.  I was raised up in a Southern Baptist Church, White Oak Hills ,most of my life . 
          When I married Tim, I was very much in love with him, but I spent most of my young married life , attending church with only my children.  The Lord had to move in my life before He began answering my prayers.  I had trusted the Lord as a young child and had rededicated my life several times during my teens and very early twenties, but I surrendered – never to turn back again when I was 24 years old – my second child was 13-months old.  I have three sons – Timothy is 32; Ted is 29 (soon to be a father); and Frank is 22 (very soon to be married).  Kelley (with child) is Ted’s wife, and Sondra is soon to be Frank’s.  Ivey Elisabeth is my granddaughter!  (not going to be but is!)
          Since that surrender, much has happened!  I began researching the WORD – not just reading a verse here or there, but learning how this wonderful book applied to me.  I am still on that voyage – still learning day by day all it has for me  andmy tent.  As you are in my tent, this also affects you! 
          First of all, the Lord clearly told me that if I was to know Him – which was the desire of my heart – that I must know my husband.  Learning my position in the family in order that my prayers not be hindered was a major building-block in this tent – a major cog in this wheel – in other words, it has been just about the most wonderful expression of God’s love to me.  I married my “childhood sweetheart.”  He’s been my guy since I was 15, and I am now 53 years old! 
What great love my Father has had for me that he would teach me to love my husband so!!!  That infatuation has grown to such a height of respect and admiration – of adoration – that only God could have placed within me.  I was so scared to know Tim.  That meant that he would have to know me.  Wasn’t it enough to just play the game of love?  Must we know each other intimately? – spiritually?  How could I go on growing in the Lord and wait on Tim to get there?  He didn’t look spiritual to me.  Ha!  What I didn’t know then – but have come to know in such measure is that God dealt with me through Tim because I submitted to God’s word about Tim.
Boys!  Did I have much adjustment to make, coming from a family of all girls and becoming a family of all guys except me.  I have come to realize what a sense of humor God has!  He loved me so much that he made me a mother of men!!!  From the time of my new beginning at 24 years old, God told me to raise “heads of households.”  The Lord clearly showed me that they were not to be “mama’s boys” – that they were to be close to their Dad.  I have understood that more and more as I’ve grown in the Lord because I know that my relationship with my own Dad was the key to my total trust in my Heavenly Father!  My flesh has indeed had to fight hurt or jealousy because my men are all in special relationship with their Dad – many times telling him exciting things – and because they are all men – often my not knowing until someone from outside our immediate family tells me. 
Now, I know that God allowed me to be a major part of that relationship – that  He had me move over so that they could become the manifested sons of God that I am still expecting to see.   I am persuaded that God is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day. 
While raising men, God called me to teach the younger women to love their husbands and children.  At first, I was the president of MOM (Mothers on the March), with meetings, speaking engagements, marches, writing a newsletter, etc.  We were in 27 states and 5 foreign countries and participated in defeating ERA in 1981.  In fact, years later at UGA, my niece Rebekah had a professor speak about those MOMS down at the capitol who defeated ERA.  Isn’t that a hoot?  Praise God forevermore what He can do with the plain and ordinary!!!
I had my 3rd child while still in Mom, but shortly after I was on the back side  of the wilderness, praying daily to know just who I was and what now Lord?  The storm had subsided – ERA was no longer my call.  During that time, I waited in Jerusalem to receive power to go forth (Acts 1).  The Lord met me – filling me with His precious Spirit who had been there all along – but now He was loosed in my life to grow me into the person to do the will of my Father.  In fact, He called me to teach not only the women to love their husbands and children but also to teach the children.
My ministry has been not only to teach in public school which I entered at 41 years of age and have loved doing now for 12 years, but He placed me in a ladies’ Sunday School class about that same time.  I now have three groups that I meet with each month – a Bible study on intercessory prayer with teachers; an intercessory  prayer group; and a Praying Wife group. 
My greatest challenge has been to change my Martha Christian life to a Mary Christian life.  Three years ago, I would have told you that I had a strong prayer life, but since then, I have come into a much deeper, richer place before my Lord.  I meet Him most every morning by 5:00 a.m. – often
4:00 a.m. – when later, I find it harder to have the time each day to do what I need to do.  The time spent with my Lord, Savior, Master, Father, and Friend accomplishes in me the energy to accomplish much each day!  I find without that time, I get much less done!  My new challenge is to tithe my prayer life  which is what I am on mission to do.  As I spend more and more time with Him, I find that I have more and more to do, not less.  Amazingly, I get more done the longer I spend with Him.  His ways are certainly not our ways!!
          Last night, at a baby shower for my Ted and Kelley, I was reminded as I looked at the women around me – some of you were there – that you are all in my promise from the Lord.  As I surrendered more and more, allowing Him to fill my thoughts and desires – to change me, giving me His mind and heart – I would realize His promise accomplished in me!  He clearly spoke to my heart – now 22 years ago!  “Teddi, if you will follow me, I will bring them ALL!”  I said, “Who, Lord?  My husband?  My children?”  He said, “ALL!”  I said, “My parents? Sisters? – their children?”  He said, “ALL!”  I said, “My cousins?  Inlaws? Friends?  Their families?”  He said, “ALL!”  In other words, whoever I could love – that I could believe for – that I could stand in and intercede  for – He would bring!!! 
          The simple Gospel of the Truth is so outstandingly awesome!!!  I didn’t have to beg and cry for my Heavenly Father – my God – to save my family and friends!  I had only to pray for them – just like Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc., and even Jesus Himself!!!  Since it’s not His will that any perish, I need only ask – I need only forgive and love and stand for them!!!  Miracles have happened!!!  Healings of  heart and mind as well as body!!! 
Recently, the Lord has brought so many memories back – relating the then to now – showing me answered prayers galore!!!  I bow to Him – the love of my Heart!!  He has truly brought me – us – into the Kingdom for such a time as this!!!   As Esther, we must first know that it is His will – we are to agree with God, willing it into our life.  Now, we must do – not simply hear – for the doer of the WORD reaps the harvest!!!  It is truly white – and we don’t have much time!   We, like our FATHER, are not willing to lose one – not willing that any perish – we spread this tent wide – like Jabez, we ask for expanded territory that we not miss one  -- not one husband, child, grandchild, niece, nephew, cousin, inlaw, friend, neighbor – not one!!!
 After the doing, the standing in intercession, praying – agreeing with God and decreeing things that be not as though they are– walking by Faith, not sight – NOW, we stand praying always with all types of prayer and intercession – knowing that the God in us is accomplishing His will through our praying His WORD back to Him!  The WORD will not return void – It WILL accomplish what it is sent forth to do!!!  The I AM of Moses, of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, of our savior and Lord, Jesus Christ is ever present – watching over His WORD in our mouth to perform it!  How amazing, that He is waiting on us to speak – in order to accomplish His plan in our lives and those around us.
I am here to proclaim to you that you will harvest a mighty crop!  Look around – it is truly white unto harvest!!!  The Left Behind books speak of the great soul harvest during the tribulation – but I know that there is a huge soul harvest happening as we speak!  Are you not amazed at what God has done in your life!!!  Don’t you stand amazed that He has blessed you so!!   And why???  Haven’t we failed Him many times, but He loves us still and forever!!!  We were created for His pleasure!!! 
You may feel that you haven’t done what you’ve known you should do!!!  God’s WORD for you today – is don’t look back and remember the old – but press on to the mark!  Today is the Day of salvation for all of us!!  It matters not what we did yesterday – good or bad – if we’re not working in this great harvest today – then we are wasting our time!  If we don’t love each other, and forgive each other – it is all dung!!!   Just say, “Lord, I am sorry.  Forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness” – and immediately without any feelings or acclaim or whatever – God will do as you ask!!!  Now, you are free to do His will!!!
If you know exactly what that means… get busy!!  I encourage you in what you know to do…to be about your Father’s business.  Start that Bible Study, or prayer group, in your neighborhood, school, workplace, etc.  Speak to that person on your heart.  Forgive your family member or friend.  Do what you know, and watch God work the miraculous in your life!!! 
If you need equipment – a good book to study with others, or Bible Study material – like The Power of the Praying wife or Experiencing God, The Beginner’s Guide to Intercessory Prayer, etc.  I will be glad to share information, or you may meet with me , on  the last Monday night of the month for The Power of the Praying Wife, or on one of the two Friday nights we meet for House of Prayer.  If you would like to multiply these cell ministries in your home or with a group nearby, I will share all we do.  God will show up as you do this!  He is faithful!! 
I will also share with you the prayer blanket I pray each day.  I began in January, and I am astounded in the answers to prayer in such a short time! 
I would like to know how you would rather receive this newsletter.  This is the first mail-out.  Some of you may want to receive this newsletter by email or by contacting our website – at www.womenwhopray.net

I love you very much!  Know this – that you and your family are in my prayers.  Please send prayer requests to the Prayer Forum at the website above, or call or write me.  Prayer is the answer to all our needs!!!

                                                Love ya,
                                                          Teddi

         
         
 Thanks for letting me be a part of your life.  Let me know your thoughts by commenting below.  

Until the next time...

Teddi

No comments: